Remembering the Christmas Cheer

Last December, there's this tag-like thingie going on on how to spread the Christmas Cheer. I took the chance, but no one dared to accept my offer. I don't know why.

Yesterday, before leaving the house to school, I received a mail; not an e-mail but a snail mail. It was from Em Dy of Pulse. She did what she promise in her blog; that is, the first 5 commenters will receive a card and a special gift from her. Owell, I commented and the rest was history. LOL. I don't know why not even one dared to comment on that same "spreading" post of mine. Really! Afraid of the consequence of doing the same thing, that is sharing?

Owell, so here's the gift from Em Dy:

She gave me a Starbucks GC and a Christmas card.

Thank you Em Dy! You really know what I want hah! Hehehe.

Anyway, I visited Life in Lenses by Lance a while ago and I was amazed by his shot, a picture of a child in a bridge. And the subtext goes like this,

If you want to see the real world, look into the eyes of a child. If you want to know the truth, look into the eyes of a child.

So true, children symbolize innocence, children don't lie, what the children see is what they get (it's actual). So if you want to see the real world and to witness the truth, look into the eyes of the children. A portion of my comment in his post was,

I also have a photo of a child taken in QC circle about a year ago... i want to share but how? LOL.

I think that posting the picture here in my blog is the way to share him and others the child's picture that I am talking about. So here's one of my favorite pictures that I personally took last year. The look in the child's eye pierces me whenever I see this picture. Innocence is very apparent. She was actually begging for 5 pesos, I think I gave her 10.

P1010502 copy

6 remark(s):

Camille said...

bgyan mo nlng ako gift.. :D

bulitas said...

oh! the kid is cute. =)

Em Dy said...

You're welcome Dak. Happy to know you loved the gift. I bought that before the year ended but got to mail it only recently. Was thrilled to see Starbucks in your blog header.

Jun said...

totally out of the blue: is "sister"/"brother" filipino slang for "girlfriend"/"boyfriend"?

if so, i think i just got picked up by our filipino nurse @_@ (cos he asked if i had any brothers or sisters, and i said no, so he said "single?", and i nodded, assuming he meant that i was an only child. next thing i knew, he was asking for my number, so, just wondering...)

monaco said...

I remember a homily by our parish priest (last month yata yun). "if you want to be free, if you want to be happy, if you want to be blessed, act like a child" which meant that we should follow their innocence, honesty and flexibility.

(yes, don't be shocked, I listen to the homily....sometimes)

dak said...

@camille - gift? ako nga dapat may gift sayo e... hehehe...

@bulitas - yeah, she actually looks so naive...

@em dy - yes, i love coffee... thak you again!

@jun - he's probably wants to know if you're a single child. but asking for your number's a questionable act. hehehe...

@mon - i also heard the same message before, i just can't remeber who told me, where and when...

Post a Comment

Comment away!