Just Another

This song is by Pete Yorn. It’s a track from his album musicforthemorningafter and was featured on the television shows Felicity, Dawson's Creek, and Smallville.

Pete-YornI like this song because it’s the kind of song that would relax me; something you can put on repeat mode and listen to over and over again. There are different interpretations for this song. First, they said, it’s a breakup song merely because the lines are all like from the past, and it tells a lot of contradictions. Second, some said it’s about a simple guy who admires a girl who is unreachable. So although he treats her as a very special girl, she’s still just “another” girl. Lastly, they said that when Pete wrote this song, he was living in his brother’s house who is a Hollywood celebrity agent. The song was about how amazing celebrities are really just normal people.

Owell, I think it’s a nice song to share. Enjoy!

Click the play button to listen. Lyrics is also provided below.

 

You and I
We’re two of a kind
I hate to say it but you’ll never relate
What makes you tick?
It makes me smile.
You said that I should get away from it all
And bury my head in the sand if I want to
I think you…should thank me now.

You were lying wide awake in the garden
Try and you'll get over your stardom
And I could never see you depart us
And you’re my baby
You’re just another girl.
Just another girl.

I never mind the way I had to see ya
My working on a day show never explains why I see you And I feel your pain.
I love to wear my work inside of my head
I can’t complain but you should never react the way you did
I feel your time.

You were lying wide awake in the garden
Try and you'll to get over your stardom
And I could never see you depart us
And you’re my baby

You were lying wide awake in the garden
Try and you'll get over your stardom
And I could never see you depart us
And you’re my baby.
You’re just another girl.
You're just another girl.
You're just another girl.

Pete Yorn photo above was taken from http://www.musik-base.de/

3 remark(s):

LAD said...

i heard it before sa felicity (i love Keri Russell hehe) at sa smallville pero hindi ko alam na siya ang kumanta.

nice find.

tagabukid said...

strange condition is also cool :D

monaco said...

nice new look for your blog dak! it looks neater and more professional now. inggit yata ako. makapagpalit din nga! LOL

Post a Comment

Comment away!