You wouldn't like me

A lot of people think that this song is about long distance relationships or most commonly referred to as "internet love affairs" wherein people commit or have relationships with strangers through the internet. If you read the lyrics, it is indeed the literal meaning of the song.

For me, it's a different thing, I see it as a song about being afraid of showing one's real self because they are afraid of what others might think, say or react when people find out their real selves; afraid what if the people around them don't like "it". Did you get the point? I know it is something a lot of people worry about. It's just sad that people do hide their real selves, but it does happen, and I think this song expresses it really well.

This song by the way was featured in Grey's Anatomy Season 1. Enjoy!

There's a war inside of me
Do I cause new heartbreak to write a new broken song
Do I push it down or let it run me right into the ground
I, I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me

Well I can't stop talking for fear of listening to unwelcome sound
and you haven't called me in weeks and honestly it's bringing me down
Oh I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me
I feel like you wouldn't like me if you met me

And don't you worry there's still time
Don’t you worry there’s still time

There’s nothing to live for when you're sleeping alone
and I watch the windows outside in hopes that the glare will bring you around
I, I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me
I, I feel like you wouldn't like me if you met me

So you don’t you worry there’s still time
Don’t you worry there’s still time (x3)

Sunshine is days away I won't be saved I know all the words
I can't say that I'll love you forever
Sunshine is days away I won't be saved I know all the words
I won't say that I'll love you forever

Who sang the song?

tegan and sara 8Tegan and Sara are Canadian singer-songwriters. They are identical twins. As a matter of fact they even have identical "sexualities"; they are both lesbians. Their songs are mostly indie-rock and indie-pop types which are rarely done in the music industry so if you happen to hear their songs, you'll immediately know it's Tegan & Sara through it's uniqueness of their music and voice. They are similarly involved in vocals and playing instruments. The singing of the lead melody usually goes to whichever twin wrote the particular song. The two usually do not sing together on their early albums, however, they do on their later albums and in concert.

The twins also did a cover of Rihanna's Umbrella and for me, it's the best version among the hundreds who tried. Since there was no official release of their Umbrella version, I would like to share this file to everyone! It was cropped from a recorded live performance. Click the Link below to download the mp3 file. Enjoy!

Tegan & Sara - Umbrella (Live).mp3

(Sorry guys, the file sharing's broken, I'll figure the problem out and fix it soon!)

Tegan & Sara picture above was taken from:

http://www.music-artists.org/other/tegan_and_sara.html

2 remark(s):

P0ytee said...

Yeah, they totally sound gay. They also sang "Where does the good go?", right? They sound good, but there's just something about them I don't like.

I like them live though. I watched the video on youtube! (the Umbrella cover). Nice.. kinilabutan ako.

MoonLAE said...

I say this is my song too..nice!

Post a Comment

Comment away!