I'm going Vegan

I am not going to Vigan, Ilocos Sur. It's not a typographical error.

I am thinking of going vegetarian starting tomorrow.

Veganism is a philosophy and lifestyle that seeks to exclude the use of animals for food, clothing, or any other purpose.[1][2] Vegans do not use or consume animal products of any kind.

Wikipedia.com

Are you for real?!

Yes.

I am not doing it because it's a fad. I am doing it for myself. The last time I checked my BP, twas 130/80. Before, twas considered a normal BP but now, the new classification says it's within the prehypertensive state. Hmmm... yep! You read it right, it's under the PREHYPERTENSIVE RANGE.

Did I freak you out? I hope not, because I am a freak. It's just me, I am a freak!

I knoe a lot of people of my age who are already hypertensive. And I don't want to join the club.

You might be thinking that my reason in going leafy would be secondary to my concern for animal rights. No.

I love meat! For me, meats (any kind, except human of course!) are meant to be eaten, they're there on purpose, to serve as a good source of protein. But I have to give it up before it's too late... Before I promote myself to hypertension, before I hypertrophy my heart, before I develop atherosclerosis as early nao, before I get kidney failure and so as many other complications... Hehehe. Okay, I am just exaggerating. But true, these can all happen in uncontrolled hypertension.

Oh no, you'll miss meat!

I knoe...

I will definitely miss eating meat but!

Here's the real deal. Since I don't want to have nutritional deficiencies especially vitamin B12 deficiency which may complicate to neurodegenerative diseases, I am not going straight vegetarian; I would still be eating fish, because fish is healthier than pork or beef meat. Eryt? And good source of Omega 3 and 6. Hehehe... Good for the heart and brain. LOL.

Trivia: Did you knoe that if you want to limit you're fat intake, it's better to take pork than beef?

You knoe why? You knoe why?

Because it's easier to eliminate the fats from pork meat than in beef. The strands of beef meat if you will notice are coiled and in between these coiled layers of protein are layers of fats which are harder to remove, unlike in pork meat where you can just slice them off easily. Hehehe... Just a trivia.

OBTW, It will really start tomorrow. I hope it will work.

I need some motivations in here! Motivate me!!!

Nao I remember Alexander Lacson’s 12 Little Things Every Filipino Can do to help our Country which says something like

A deed that's repeatedly done for a month will become a habit.

So I am hoping that a month after tomorrow, it's already a habit. A no-pork and no-beef diet.

Wish me luck!

6 remark(s):

tagabukid said...

determination does not come from without, it wells from within...it's mind over matter hehehe. kaya mo yan,

may the 'will' be with you, dak.

my-so-called-Quest said...

wow magvevegan kna. i'll try to eat less carbs.. ayoko naman pag nagduduty na tayo e hinihingal ako dahil sa kakalakad. hehhe

kaya mo yan doc. and kung maisipan ko rin yan, i'll seek your advise.=]

ingats=]

monaco said...

Good luck! Hope you'll succeed. As for me, I don't think I will. Go vegan, that is. I just can't go without meat. Just the thought of inihaw na liempo, sinigang na baboy, adobo, quarter pounder with cheese.... OMG, I can't!

Camille said...

huh? anu ba nanyayari sau dak?? hehe.. vegan isnt healthy.. kaya mo ba panindigan yan... hrap pumili ng makakainan

dak said...

@tagabukid - will that is... ok, will power. thanks tagabukid!

@ced - onga e, mainit sa ward, we should prepare ourselves. hehehe...

@mon - hay, onga e, yday was successful! hehehe... pero the foods u'v listed are not helping hah. hehehe... pero i should. thanks!

@cams - yup, panindigan! hehehe... i still can eat fish naman e... and i try not to eat with other people... especially here sa bahay... LOL.

the donG said...

this is hard. im impressed with your determination to be a vegan.

at least sea foods are still special.

Post a Comment

Comment away!