In love with Retro

I know it's been a while since my last music entry so instead of sharing only a single song, I am featuring 2 songs for today.

My ipod is usually updated regularly with new and interesting songs but since my ipod's only a shuffle, what I do is that I first remove the old and overrated songs so that I can sync the new ones. But these 2 songs I am going to feature are old songs from the 80s that I just can't delete from my playlist because they're just so nice to hear over and over again!

Not to mention singing these songs when I am alone and euphoric...

After listening to these songs, they sometimes make me feel somewhat emotionally unstable brought about by some sort of transfer of emotions from the singers. The emotions are very apparent in these songs which will technically make everyone sing. Hahaha.

Okay so these songs are... Tada!

Alone by Heart and Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler

"Alone" is a song by an American rock band Heart in 1987 composed in 1983 by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly. "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a power ballad written and produced by Jim Steinman. It was originally performed by Welsh singer Bonnie Tyler in 1983.

A lot of artists has already covered these songs but nothing beats the original! Yey!

I love these songs but I can't really decipher their true meanings (If they actually have). I tried Googling these songs and searched for their meanings but I just found out more garble explanations.

Although people have different interpretations to these some kinda vague songs, personally I think they're literally just about a love found and love lost story. Period. End of story; no highfaluting and out of this world second meanings.

Okay, I am allowing you to sing out loudly after clicking the play buttons. Just don't play them both at the same time because that's a really stupid thing to do. Hehehe...

Okay another thing, I think it would be better if you'll look for "a back-up singer" to sing with you... My brother do the second voice for me. Hahaha... It's really cool! You need a second voice partner because I know you cannot do it all at the same time. Hehehe. Enjoy!

Turn around....

TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART (Bonnie Tyler )

Turn around, every now and then I get a
little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart

Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turn around, Every now and then I get a
little bit terrified but then I see the look in your eyes
Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, Every now and
then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

****
Next!

Till now.... Always got by on my own...

ALONE (Heart)

I hear the ticking of the clock
I'm lying here the room's pitch dark
I wonder where you are tonight
No answer on the telephone
And the night goes by so very slow
Oh I hope that it won't end though

Alone
Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone

You don't know how long i have wanted
To touch your lips and hold you tight
You don't know how long I have waited
And I was going to tell you tonight
But the secret is still my own
And my love for you is still unknown
Alone

Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone
How do I get you alone
Alone, alone

Aryt! Done! Don't drink something cold yet, I know you just stressed out your voice box. I am just concerned, you might lose your voice. Hehehe...

6 remark(s):

joyfulchicken said...

An obnoxious neighbor was wailing out Total Eclipse of the Heart on karaoke the other night... gave me a total bleeding of the ears. So I have nothing but hate for that song right now.

Alone is still okay though.

peanut said...

yo.. i personally enjoy this 2 songs to bits!!!! thanks for the great review!!

but

allow me to give you something back

be sure to check this out!!

search for this song in youtube, you will love it too!

amateurs transplant - anaesthetist hymn live

my-so-called-Quest said...

alone - pangvideoke! hahaha

makapagvideoke nga soon! weee!

pag nagkita kita tayo. kakanta ka ha=]

tagabukid said...

kelan ka pa nahilig sa retro? hehe

curbside_puppet said...

hi! first time here sa blog mo. thanks to ced's blog, nakakahanap ako ng ibang bloggers.
yeah, hindi rin ako updated much when it comes to the latest music. honestly, tapos na rin ako sa age na i will be forever glued to the radio (especially) the countdowns. siguro, it was just my time right now to just sit back and relax.
mas nakakarelate pa ko sa classic mtv than to those new videos they release.

wanderingcommuter said...

funny, because i remember our class in elementary dancing total eclipse of the heart in one of our commencement activities...

funny pa, kasi i can still remember the lyrics even without looking at the lyrics! hahaha. thanks for sharing it out!

go baguio! miss the place!

Post a Comment

Comment away!