Moving out, moving in...

moving-out Moving out of the house and moving in to an apartment is a huge step for me. It would be my first time staying somewhere outside the premises of my turf that will be for a very long time. I am not very familiar with the situation so I am a little scared.

I am used to a life where everything's available and accessible so I am a little anxious in moving into a place where I am not sure if I will be safe and secured. What I mean is that in our house, everything that I need is in here; food, water, helpers and of course supportive family members. Moving into an apartment will therefore mean that I have to take care of myself; no helpers, I should provide on my own food and water, and get a support system from a familiar roommate.

I really don't want to move out. But since my current schedule this semester is crazier than jumping off a bridge, then I should do something before it's too late; before I literally jump off a bridge due to an everyday 7AM start of my classes. This week I even had symptoms of hypersomnia and easy fatigability which entail the possibility of over exhaustion and even depression. Pft!

If before, I can afford to be late in my 7AM classes, this time it's a no-no. Dermatology and Medicine departments give their quizzes first thing in the morning and Gynecology facilitators are early risers and check the attendance meticulously.

Not to mention the fact that I am now stacked with chapterssss to read in all subjects for I don't have enough time to finish reading what I am supposed to. If I move closer to the campus, I can eliminate my travel time to and from school everyday which will then serve as an additional time for me to read or rest.

I've asked some classmates who resorted into moving in to an apartment last year, some of them were also first timers. A lot of them though have positive stories and reactions, sharing their thoughts about the hassle-free advantage of living away from home and staying somewhere near. Some said that I will realize soon or feel immediately the advantages of staying near the campus. Many were even happy when they found out that I am moving closer. I am glad they're happy. Hehehe...

Still, I cannot erase the fact that doing something unfamiliar for the very first time haunts me about the possibility that things might go wrong.

If something can go wrong, it can go wrong.

Of course I still have to adjust into a new routine but I think this moving-closer-thingie will really help me a lot and will make my med-life easier; so I am taking the risk!

Taking risks is as important as gaining profit in business. So if I want a profitable outcome from my insane med life, then I should take the risk!

Okay, enough about the risk! Besides, why am I thinking about risks and something that might go wrong?! hahaha... Freak!

Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in.

No one else can speak the words on your lips, drench yourself in words unspoken.

Live your life with arms wide open

Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten.

I know I am a little scared but how would I know what's behind the "moving closer" curtain if I am not going to go though it? Did you get the point? The quoted line above was taken from Natasha's song Unwritten which is so damn true. How can I experience something if I am not going to face and try it?! Right?

We have our own fears but it only limits our horizon, hinder us from experiencing many awesome experiences in life and it also makes our life boring. So, okay I am moving closer... Hahaha...

Anyway, like what I have said before, there are no right or wrong decisions. I can stay or can go somewhere but here; there's no right or wrong, I just have to choose between the two and face the consequences.

Luckily, the apartment where I will be staying is owned by my classmate and it's brand new so I will be one of the first occupants.

So I guess this is it! Final, I am moving out and moving in... I know it's garble but yeah...

Wish me luck!

***

Above picture was taken from HERE!

8 remark(s):

P0ytee said...

That's a really big change. Nako, good luck with the laundry, food and everything. Plus the cleaning. HAHA.

Camille said...

ayoko tlga pa-laundry eh... nakita ko kasi un color nung tubig sa washing machine.. wahaha.. and lage ako nawawalan ng mejas, etc.. toxic.. hehe.. haay.. panu ba yan.. de ako nlng tlga ang pinakalate.. kelngan umalis ng mas maaga sa bahay para di na ma-late...

mnel said...

hehe. welcome to the club. =P

i have tons of chapters to read too. sigh.

my-so-called-Quest said...

yey!
nako, mapapractice kna maglaba, magluto, magkasakit magisa at kung anu ano pa.

pero enjoy din naman. kaya mo yan!

i do my own laundry kasi ayaw ko magpalaba sa iba. kaya ako toxic e. heheh

janus said...

goodluck to this. I wanted to try this thing pero wala eh, hindi ko kaya. hehehe

peanut said...

what year you are in? how long more to go?

monaco said...

Congratulations on your new place. Living alone is a big responsiblity but it also comes with a lot of wonderful perks, believe me. He he.

Jun said...

dun be scared, at least u're not moving out of the country-- yet ;)

Post a Comment

Comment away!