Fantasy is my Defense Mechanism?

I am popular among my friends to be unemotional, stone-hearted and ehem, "schizoid". Some of my posts are too cynical, as they say, to be able to get involved into a relationship; it's like the world is too hostile for me, so be it. But then, I think that this particular meme sent by a friend will speak otherwise. It's been a long time since I've given up writing something about L-O-V-E and anything that involves intimate relationships, not that I am bitter about my previous relationship but it's more of a choice.

Apparently, I find them very hard to answer. Answering these 10 mushy questions' like purging myself. But since the friend who tagged me is very close to my heart, then I would answer it honestly, even if it's against my will. OMG, I swear I will never going to re-read this post... Not again, ever. Enjoy.

1. When was your first kiss and where?
My first kiss happened somewhere in UP Diliman campus. I knoe right? Where the hell in the huge UP grounds? Particularly in front of the Kalayaan dormitory. You might be thinking it's impossible because I never studied in UP, right? But it did. So obviously, it happened sometime during college. I know, I am such a late bloomer and... a retard, I keep on telling that. Oh, you would probably get what particular year it was if you only knoe how to analyze and to connect the dots.

2. When was your first real relationship and how long did it last?
It started from that day of that first kiss. And it lasted for I dunno. It's been on and off. I don't want to count how many months or if it reached a year or even years. Probably a year or two maybe? On and off. It was from the past, I have an anamnestic d/o.

3. What age were you allowed to date?
I dunno, I just started dating when I felt like doing it. I told my parents when she's already my girlfriend and my mom cried. Hahaha, they thought I was going to marry her already when I told them about it. Parents, really... are too worried. They're so lucky, I am still single, up until now. I love you mom!

4. What's the craziest thing you did (for love) when you were a teenager?
Craziest? Ahm, can't think of any, I am not really that romantic and pathetic to do certain crazy stuff. And I am thankful I never was because that would really be humiliating to reminisce again if I kinda did. If ever I find someone who will make me go loco and head over heels then I probably will end up doing crazy stuff. I can't tell yet. If I get there, and I will not tell you, unless another meme like this will show up in my blog again.

5. How long is your longest relationship and what's the secret? 
There's no secret I think. Why would you let a relationship go that far or long if you're not happy about it, right? I think as long as you're still happy with it, just hold on and be happy. If not, then maybe you should think about giving it up. What's the point in staying and holding on into a relationship if in reality you're not actually happy with it right?

6. How long did you date before you decided to settle down? 
Settle down as in marriage? I dunno, I think it should just be spontaneous, if you feel like that person's going to last forever then just go for it. I mean, as of now, I am not thinking about me settling down with someone in the future. If I find that person who I think and believe is the perfect and the right person for me, wherein I can be everything to her, a partner, lover, confidante; like bestfriends, then why can't we be just bestfriends forever? I mean I see a lot of failing marriages and I think that complicates the relationship. Did you realize that bestfriends end up forever? And marriages don't? Because marriage sets in rules and boundaries.

7. How long did you know s/he was the ONE?
Did not. I don't knoe because I am currently not yet with the ONE you're talking about. I will tell you if I met her. Just remind me.

8. Now, at what age will you allow your kid(s) to date? (if and only if I end up having kids)
First, yes I want to have kids. As early as now. And I will allow my kids to date as early as they reach their teens. What's wrong with dating anyway? I think we should not limit our kids to try certain stuff. We've been there, done that, so what? Let's just be fair. To be a good parent, I believe that we should know that at some point they can fall, stumble or simply do mistakes but we as parents should be there to help them get back to their feet. My parents allowed me to drink and try anything. I don't see myself to be in trouble either. I party but not to the point that I do badly in school, I drink but I am not a drunkard, I tried smoking but not now (just in a recent incident, hehehe), I don't do drugs, I don't just have sex casually, I didn't impregnate a woman. I am not proud of myself for not being in trouble or being "ok". I am proud of my parents because I am what I am now.

9. When it comes to your kids dating, will you be a cool parent or a strict parent? 
I will be a cool dad. I mean the more strict you will be, the more they will likely to do crazy stuff. I've seen a lot of teens like that. But then I also wouldn't want to be too relax as a parent. Of course as a parent, I still should make sure that they're doing well. I think good communication between a parent and a child is very important. And that's what I really love about my parents, they allow us to reason out or talk back to them as long as it's in a good way or manner. I see many parents doesn't allow that to their children.

10. What piece of advice can you give to your child when they start dating?
First, just be yourself. Second, don't take it too serious especially during the first few dates. Third, if you find love don't run away from it. Fourth, Don't chase after it either. Lastly, be safe.

***

Now do the tag earthlings!

Monaco, I know you love tags.
Tagabukid, I never saw you did a tag before.
Chyng, it would be interesting to know.
Wanderingcommunter, because you gave your go signal.
Jun, Are you in Adelaide now?

2 remark(s):

Jun said...

yes i'm in ade now, but do a weeeli have to do the taaaaag? *whines* i so dun wan my parents to know whr my first kiss was hahahaha...

monaco said...

Thanks for the tag, Dak. I'll try to do this although medyo allergic ako sa topic. Ha ha. Love - bata ba ako para sa mga ganyang bagay!!! LOL

Post a Comment

Comment away!