Vintage Movies

Before sembreak started I downloaded some movies. Next thing I knew, I was downloading classical movies. Some of them however were previously seen, I just want to watch 'em again. A lot of my friends laugh at my choices of movies. I like the movie "No Country for Old Men" and I hate "Good Luck Chuck". I love "Just Friends", not "Lord of the Rings".

I just can't like a movie if the crowd likes it. I think my taste with regards to choosing movies that I watch is not very specific or doesn't have a particular genre... or not also influenced by its popularity. I mainly watch a movie if it interests me.

So, here are the movies that's on my list this sembreak.

Citizenkane

 

CITIZEN KANE

I have seen this movie twice. The first time, my cousin and I rented this film online. The second time was when my brother downloaded an iPod copy of this film. It was directed by Orson Welles which traces the life and career of Charles Foster Kane, a man whose career in the publishing world is born of idealistic social service, but gradually evolves into a ruthless pursuit of power. The film's narrated principally through flashbacks, the story is revealed through the research of a newspaper reporter seeking to solve the mystery of the newspaper magnate's dying word: "Rosebud."

 

 

Doctor Zhivago

 

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO

My late grandmother loved this movie. This movie was based from Boris Pasternak's novel Doktor Zhivago. It was directed by David Lean. This is the first movie I saw that has an intermission in the middle. It is about a man torn between two women, set primarily against the backdrop of the Russian Revolution of 1917 and the subsequent Russian Civil War of 1918-1920. More deeply, it discusses the plight of a man as the life that he has always known is dramatically torn apart by forces beyond his control.

 

 

 

Love Story (1970) - thumb

 

LOVE STORY

I've never seen this movie before but it was another movie shared by my late grandmother. It is a 1970 romantic drama film written by Erich Segal coordinated with his 1970 best-selling novel. It was directed by Arthur Hiller. The film, well-known as a tear-jerking tragedy, is considered one of the most romantic of all time, and was followed by a sequel, Oliver's Story in 1978.

 

 

 

 

Unbearable_lightness_of_being_poster

 

THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING

I actually didn't know that this movie exists. I have a copy of the book but I just can't finish reading the whole thing. I don't know but I seriously have a hard time finishing the novel so when I found out it has a movie, I decided to just watch it. However, I still plan to finish the book, soon. It is a 1988 film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Milan Kundera. It was set in Prague in 1968 and details the lives of Tomas and his wife Teresa, his lover Sabina and Sabina's lover Franz in Czechoslovakia in the wake of the Prague Spring and the subsequent invasion by the USSR. It centers on the idea that existence is full of unbearable lightness, because each of us has only one life to live.

8 remark(s):

tagabukid said...

shocks, i tried several times but no luck with citizen kane. from which site do you get your movies? i'm using limewire and vuze.

but this doesn't mean that you will not tell us about your summer 'escapades' anymore, kala mo lusot ka na ha, :D

RONeiluke, RN said...

ahehehe..not much of a fan ng mga classics. as yung sobrang luma na. hehehe!

wanderingcommuter said...

although i really tried but like ron, hindi talaga ako fan ng classics. nakakatulog ako!!!

GeoRge said...

Citizen Kane! A classic! Good picks Dak!

Chyng said...

too vintage naman yata yan.

pero LOTR, HP dont impress me either.. hehe (abnormal!)

Chyng said...

too vintage naman yata yan.

pero LOTR, HP dont impress me either.. hehe (abnormal!)

Chyng said...

too vintage naman yata yan.

pero LOTR, HP dont impress me either.. hehe (abnormal!)

Jun said...

lol i din know "the unbearable lightness of being" was made into a movie too! must go download hahaha...

Post a Comment

Comment away!