But I found another decent branch of Starbucks that I fancy, and been fancying for the past few weeks (since it is exam week, e?). It is located somewhere near the Philippine Heart Center area. I don't know what street it is located but it's a street that connects Kalayaan road and East avenue. Not V.Luna, cos I knoe V.Luna street so well. Anyway, it's a 5-min drive from home sweet home, and traversing the Kalayaan road is a breeze, I never experienced traffic in that area ever. The Parking space is not a big problem, and it has less visits from party people and so majority of their costumers are equally considerate students who study meticulously and silently; they knoe how to shut their mouth up while studying. Kewl huh?
Last Friday, I went to meet old MedTech internship friends in Techno Hub near UP Diliman. I was new to the place. It's not yet fully developed but it's an Ayala project so I suppose it will be a huge hit soon. So anyway, I told you that I fancy this Starbucks store a lot, so that after the meeting I dropped by and ordered Chamomile tea to relax me before finally hitting the bed. Wow. I knoe right? I am that obsessed with that store. Hahaha.
Nao, I just got back home from there. The original plan was to go home until the store closes at 2:30 but I was too tired, wasn't able to do so.
Owell, since this is a Starbucks-related post, lemme add the following stuff.
Facts you must knoe: A trivia, just so you knoe tips and additional infos on how to customize your drink especially to Mocha fans out there. (These are only based on experience and personal knowledge)
- Missing the Praline Mocha? The closest thing to it is to add Hazelnut syrup (plus 20 bucks) to a regular order of Mocha. That's what I usually order upon learning it from a barista friend. Thanks Jelai!
- Hot or Warm Mocha drink lovers, you must stir your drink before you start sipping. Cos it's topped with a cream. The cream mixed with the choco-coffee is an indulgence.
- And, drink it with regular intervals of stirring cos the choco syrup usually settles at the bottom of your cup. So take off those lids, and enjoy.
- Want to lessen the calories? The most common is to cancel the whip. Yes, tell them "no whip". It adds fulfillment but it can also add weight excessively. I swear. And what I usually do is I ask the barista to replace the regular milk to soya milk. Or if not available, you can instead ask them to use non-fat milk. But the problem with non-fat milk is that it's not as yummy as the regular kind, so my mom told me to tell the barista to use 2%. What the hell is 2%? You ask. It's 50% full cream (or the regular) and 50% non-fat milk. Don't ask why it's 2% if it's actually 50%, I really don't knoe.
- Sweetening with less calories? Ask for an artificial sweetener (Free!!!). Don't go for Equal. Ask for Splenda. Equal is aspartame-based and it's not stable in heat, so mixing it with your hot drink will just destroy it and end up adding some more. Splenda is sucrose-based and is heat-stable which is why it's popular among bakers.
- Problem of drinking too hot coffees? You can ask them to just make it "warm". It makes sense, right?
- I love the coffee jelly and they're great if added with iced coffees (for me, not with the ice-blended) especially in Caramel Machiatto. Oh, and don't forget to ask for the special straw.
- Want to drink but needs to sleep immediately after? Go for decaf. All coffee based beverages are available in decaf. Or better yet, order a chamomile tea which induces relaxation and good night sleep.