Thank God for the Past Year

There are a lot of things that I in particular should be really-very-much thankful for the past year! Whew! This year is like a journey cos a lot for things happened, conquered some impossibilities, and miracles found.

Okay, first of all, I would like to thank God for the pleasant things that had happened this year! Woot woot!

There are a lot of things I am very grateful that happened as I wanted them to happen. There's this passing the dreaded Pharmacology subject. I am sooo thankful that everything I've sacrificed paid off! A lot from the batch took the remedial exam, and a number of them flunked. Although it was something I should really celebrate, it wasn't pure happiness cos a lot of my batchmates were delayed for a year. What's more saddening is that one of them is a very good friend of mine.

I am also very thankful for the things that happened more than I wanted them. Remember my recent travel to the US? My parents decided to send me to the states last summer. I was shocked! I wasn't expecting it. Next thing I knew my papers were all prepared. After a week, I was scheduled for an interview by a consul. Then after a week, I was already in Cleveland. Snap! That fast! I thought I was in a state of REM, dreaming but I can't seem to wake up. Not only did the consul give me a chance to visit relatives abroad, she gave me a 10-year privilege to go back and visit uncle Sam. Kewl huh?

I am also glad for the pleasant things that had happened even less than I wanted them. Did you experience the same thing wherein even if you haven't received what you really wanted and expecting to happen, still the happiness and satisfaction's there? That's because of contentment. You and I knoe how to be contented. That feeling is brought about by being able to get satisfied by the simplicity of life, accepting possibilities and not expecting too much.

Also, I should and as well, be thankful for the nice things that I wanted but did not happen at all or happened in ways different from how I wanted them to happen. There's this moving into a new apartment, there's this an almost trip to Hong Kong, there's the vacation trips to Baguio, Cebu and Bohol with really close friends. Also this year I conquered Mount Pinatubo which was extensive but fun fun fun! It's hell lot of fun, seriously...

Of course, lastly I should really be thankful cos I am still alive and kicking asses! Hahaha... I wasn't hit by a truck or a bus or anything mobile this year. I didn't fall from the stairs, I didn't stumble or did anything stupid. Hahaha...

Then I should not only be thankful for the good things that had happened but also to the unpleasant things that happened this year. Cos they're also considered blessings.

Owell, there are actually a lot to be thankful about!

I am thankful for the unpleasant things that happened because I think I deserve them. I am not perfect and I commit mistakes, so I think I deserve some spanking or slight punishments, eryt? Also, I should be thankful for the unpleasant things happened not because I deserve them but because I needed these unpleasantness to make me grow as a person.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to give and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

****

Happy New Year Earthlings!

This is such a good year, I am itching everywhere, my lips are pouty and my lids are puffy... An allergic attack! Hay... Enjoy!

9 remark(s):

lucas said...

the mere fact that we're still alive and breathing our breaths as the new year starts is already a blessing that we should be thankful for :)

glad you passed that pharma exam..hated it :)

happy new year, doc!

my-so-called-Quest said...

happy new year dak!
musta na ang buhay probinsya?
ang siomai? hehe

Em Dy said...

Happy new year Dak. I'm sure more great things are in store for you in 2009!

Jun said...

here's to a wonderful year ahead dak! *cheers!*

Saminella said...

Ngayon na lang uli ako nakadaan. Happy new year sa iyo.




PS kung okay lang padagdag ng URL ng tunay kong blog haha. http://saminella.blogspot.com super tanx mwamwa.

Camille said...

anghaba naman...! as usual nde ko nnman binasa lahat except un naka-bold.. hahaha... naiyak ka nnman ba nung ti-nype mo yan? oh may bago na ko post.. wala kwenta.. :p happy new yr dakk!!!! :P

tagabukid said...

manigong bagong taon (ano nga ba ibig sabihin ng manigong? - haha)

Chyng said...

I likey it! Nice Daks! Lucky you! ;)

Vea said...

It's good that you're counting your blessings. Happy New Year!!!

Post a Comment

Comment away!