CC: Progressive dysmenorrhea

To be totally honest? I think this is one of the happiest hospital stay in my life. Would you believe that a charity patient treated me to Jollibee right after she was discharged? Exactly.

I was like,

Naku po… Nakakahiya naman po. Sana tinago ninyo na lang po yung pera. Nag-abala pa po kayo.

Then she said,

E diba promise ko sayo, i-tretreat kita pagkatapos ng aking operasyon? Natutuwa kasi ako sayo, ang bait-bait mo. Naiingit nga yung ibang pasyente sana daw pasyente mo din sila.

I was so touched. Really. I don't even knoe I am that kind to be treated to Jollibee. All I knoe is that I am taking good care of her. That’s all!

Actually, the first time we met, I already knew patient IA and I will be spending a happy time in gynecology together. Seriously. She was endorsed to me right before I officially moved in to gynecology department. I can still remember that very first day, Friday, in the out patient department, she was scheduled to be admitted for a total abdominal hysterectomy due to intractable dysmenorrhea, excessive menstruation and an enlarging uterus caused by adenomyosis.

She’s so cooperative… She’s such an easy patient. Taking her medical history is such an easy one cos she is so chatty and fun. In gynecology, we are very particular about asking the patient’s sexual history like the first time they had had sex and how many sexual partners they had. IA is very straight to the point when I asked her about these sensitive stuff, she answered them all without any ado and hesitations, and sometimes even jokes about it. Would you believe that her obstetric score is G7P7? Meaning, she had 7 pregnancies and 7 deliveries, so she has 7 children.

I was like,

Naku, dami mo nang anak hah. Gusto mo pa ba magka-anak? Kayo talaga! Active pa ba kayo?

The lanky 42-year old patient replied,

Oo naman! Life begins at 40!

Wow! C’mon! She’s uber fun! She’s always smiling and laughing, I swear she’s the funniest patient I had so far.

But I knew behind all the jokes and smiles and laughter, she’s sooo scared of the operation. She never had any surgeries. All her pregnancies were delivered via NSD. She wanted her current surgery to be her last.

Hindi ba pwedeng tanggalin ninyo na din ang aking mga obaryo? Baka kasi ma-operahan nanaman ako dahil sa obaryo.

I replied,

Mommy, wala naman po kasing indikasyon para alisin ang obaryo ninyo… at hindi pa po kayo menopause, gusto ninyo po bang mag-menopause na? May silbi pa po ang mga obaryo ninyo e.

DSC05427 
This is the only picture I have with IA. Apparently, she’s under those drapes. With Drs Galang, Chu and Masangcay before the hysterectomy.

Before I left the wards today, I was handed with 2 bags of Jollibee. I approached her and shyly thanked her, she thanked me as well for taking good care of her while in the hospital then laughed hard and said,

Aray!

I said,

Mommy, huwag ka kasi tatawa, masakit pa yang sugat ninyo diba?

18 remark(s):

Angelo said...

nakakatuwa naman ang patient mo. ang bait niya.

on the side: nakaka-miss makita ang loob ng OR.

sasha said...

vice and informative blog
here is a blog women health tubal reversal and issues related to vagina
http://www.mybabydoc.com/blog/
tubal reversal

tubal reversal said...

very nice and informative blog
keep it up
here i love to share about tubal reversal
is a surgical procedure that restores fertility to women after a tubal ligation

Tubal Ligation Reversal said...

when i see this blog a name blinked in my mind that is Dr Morice..
He is the man much more experienced in women issues..
i think all the women must visit mybabydoc.com to learn the solution of their problems..

Anonymous said...

Hey admin, I just wanted to give you a quick heads up that your Web address: http:
//www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7597407&postID=3827837053340813864 is being flagged as a
potentially harmful internet site in my web browser chrome.
I would highly recommend having somebody look into it. You can lose a lot of visitors
due to this problem. Best of Luck.

Here is my homepage; Read Far more

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
previous to and you are just too wonderful. I really like what you
have acquired here, certainly like what you are
saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take
care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you.
This is actually a tremendous site.

Look into my blog; source for this article

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!

My homepage ... more helpful hints

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am new to running a blog and websites in general and was curious about how you got the "www" included in
your domain name? I see your domain name, "http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7597407&postID=3827837053340813864" has the www and my domain looks like,
"http://mydomain.com". Do you know exactly how I can alter this?
I'm using Wordpress. Thanks

Stop by my page - santa fe auto insurance (http://sustainabilitymarket.in)

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. appreciate it

Here is my blog post ... buy auto insurance online **

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Clarice and I just wanted to
say your blog site rocks! It's surprising due to the fact I use to have a blog that practically had an identical url: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7597407&postID=3827837053340813864 mine was only a few letters different. Anyways, I'm a big supporter of your blog site and if
you at any time want a guest post please email me at:
claricecoffman@gmx.de. I absolutely adore writing!



my web blog; click the next internet page :: ::

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed
reading it, you're a great author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back later on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!

my page: Learn Alot more Here (wiki.urospace.de)

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger,
and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to swap strategies with others, be sure to
shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Look at my web site; Suggested Web page

Anonymous said...

Good post however I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this
topic? I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!

Feel free to visit my site: Read the Full Write-up ()

Anonymous said...

If some one wants to be updated with latest technologies then
he must be pay a visit this web page and be
up to date daily.

my blog: This Web-site :: :
:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering
issues with your site. It appears like some of the
written text within your content are running off the screen.
Can someone else please provide feedback
and let me know if this is happening to them too?

This might be a problem with my browser because I've had this happen before. Thanks

Here is my webpage ... site link building

Anonymous said...

Hello there! My spouse and I often write guest
articles or blog posts for other web site owners to help gain publicity to our work, as
well as provide fantastic content to weblog owners.
It truly is a win win situation! If you happen to be
interested feel free to email me at: irvinpinkston@yahoo.de so we can discuss further.
Appreciate it!

Have a look at my site: good link building

Anonymous said...

Generally, the system needs to be pumped out for every 1 to 3 years.
This oil can also transfer into the transport pipes,
solidify, and cause excessive buildup that can cause blockage of the drainfield.
Our highly trained, fully qualified team of technicians are committed to excellence.


Here is my webpage: jumpair.co.kr ()

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, e cig forum, e cigarette, electronic cigarette reviews, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette

Post a Comment

Comment away!