Spiderwebs

One of my fave No Doubt songs, Guitar Hero World Tour tracks and OST for the 2nd season of Gossip Girl.

Spiderwebs is a ska punk song written by Gwen Stefani and Tony Kanal for No Doubt's third studio album Tragic Kingdom (1995). Some say this song is actually about Crystal Meth, hence the term “spiderwebs” used to describe the spiderweb like pattern it creates inside the pipe… Woah, makes you wonder why Gwen is so skinny, e? LOL. But it is not so hard to imagine, right? Early 90's Orange County, Sublime's songs STP (Secret Tweaker Pad) and D.J's (dope junkies) clearly reflect the use of speed smoking, and No Doubt was no exception.

But licitly speaking, this song is about a woman who tries to characterize the man who she won't like to talk like an ex-boyfriend or a guy who she is trying to get over with into a stalker because she has decided not to answer any more of his calls and wants to make sure that she doesn't talk to him or have contact with him because everytime she talks to him she gets more caught up in his web and she cant break free.

Very shallow, I knoe. And the Meth is more believable?

Oh and the chorus part of this song is a very cool line to answering machines, right? But since iont use the creepy old talking machine, I’ll use the chorus as my ringtone. yey!

Click, click, click!

You think that we connect
That the chemistry's correct
Your words walk right through my ears
Presuming I like what I hear

And now I'm stuck in the web
You're spinning
You've got me for your prey

Sorry I'm not home right now
I'm walking into spiderwebs
So leave a message
And I'll call you back
A likely story, but leave a message
And I'll call you back

You're intruding on what's mine and
You're taking up my time
Don't have the courage inside me
To tell you please let me be

Communication, a telephonic invasion
I'm planning my escape...

And it's all your fault
I screen my phone calls
No matter who calls
I gotta screen my phone calls

Now it's gone too deep
You wake me in my sleep
My dreams become nightmares
'Cause you're ringing in my ears.

ooh spider webs
leave a message and I'll call you back
I'm walkin in a spider webs
so leave a message and I'll call you back

it's all your fault
I screen my phone calls
no matter matter matter who calls
I gotta screen my phone calls
it's all your fault
it's all your fault
no matter who calls
no matter who calls

I'm walkin in a spider webs
so leave a message and I'll call you back
I'm walkin in a spider webs
leave a message and I'll call you back

1 remark(s):

lucas said...

i have to agree with you on this one... the meth thing is much more believable! haha!

Post a Comment

Comment away!