Drenched

The night before I went on duty, I was summoned to watch the movie about a guy who travels in time. After the mind-numbing movie, it poured in QC while we were heading back home, but then it suddenly stopped like a crying baby get to suckle mom’s breast for milk; somewhere in the stretch of Quezon Ave.

Wait, breast and Quezon Avenue doesn’t sound so good together in a paragraph, right? But hell so, what?

It sounds pervy, actually. Haha.

Anyway, the soil was dry before I retire myself to sleep. When I woke up at around 5:30 in the mawnin for duty, our street was submerged by rainwater which was thick and musky. Ew. Eventually, an announcement was passed through SMS that only the duty clerks will have to go to the hospital to work.

D*mn it was! I was a clerk on duty.

But I didn’t go out until maybe it was 10. My call time is 6:30. I was late, but it was understandable. Cos hello?!

ust flood

Leptospirosis?

Who wouldn’t?!

Water was everywhere, and it even caused the emergency room in the pay division hospital to close.

What?!

I knoe, right? And it s*cked big time cos our emergency room in the clinical “charity” division was open. So in that case, all the patients, rich or poor, well dressed or not, coño or jologs, consulted to us. And worse, chief complaints were as minor as simple zits. Gawd! It was exasperating!

What is, I admitted a patient who just cannot sleep! Is insomnia now an indication for hospital admission?!

I really don’t think so, even if the patient has some sort of mood disorder at the back of the insomnia symptom.

Right? Right? Right?

But! Since the patient can afford a thousand bucks worth of hospital bed, then so what, admit the patient. As in nao.

So the indication there is patient’s choice to be admitted? ROFL.

Doctor, please reserve a room for me cos I feel like admitting myself now.

Haha.

So that duty day was more eventful than the movie I just saw the night before.

It was the day that wrapped our duty days in neurology up and started our insanity in the psychiatry ward.

0 remark(s):

Post a Comment

Comment away!