I Was Cursed!

Did you knoe that a little girl cursed me to fail on my medical boards?! Yes.

First day of the exam was nerve-wracking. I was at my most nervous feeling on that day. I reckon all of us were. I only ate half of my egg muffin sandwich for breakfast from MickyD’s cos I felt like literally barfing.

While we were in a long queue outside the MLQU where we were assigned to take the exam, a girl aged about 10yo approached my friend in front of me and begged for alms, “Pangkain po…”

When she finally approached me, I realized that I still have my only half-eaten sandwich with me. I took the sandwich out of my bag and handed it to her.

But she refused.

She wanted money.

I was taken aback! I denied giving her money until she became a little violent where she started pushing me and insisted that I give her money.

I did not! I did not give her even a dime.

She then cried, “Sana hindi ka pumasa!!” (I hope you will not pass the exam!!)

I was like, What?! I felt a skip on my heartbeat. I wanna pull the girl’s hair and ask her to take back what she said! But I froze. I had like an absence seizure for a minute or two and I think I was on SVT as well.

Luckily… Faith, strength, courage and wisdom has been inside of me all along! :-)

I am the kind of person who sometimes buys cookies or snacks when I have extra savings. I put these at the back of my car and so when street children knock on my window and ask for alms, I give these food instead of money. Cos food will surely go straight to their stomachs; but for money we’ll never really know.

187-02-beggar-in-manila

It’s just so sad that even a kid would do such violent act. A kid who asks for “pangkain” but refused my sandwich? It’s becoming a really violent world already. Actually, what the girl did was an abusive behaviour.

No matter how good you are to others, some people wouldn’t return the goodness back to you. Sometimes they would even stab your back. It’s very disturbing and unfortunate. Seriously.

ABUSE doesn’t only apply to children and/or to women… It’s very rampant in our society now. And once you get abused, you get absence seizures and SVTs… If you know what I mean. It’s traumatic.

I hope we transcend into a better society. Really.

And I want to quote my mom regarding this matter, something like: “Binigyan mo na ng bigas pan-saing, kukunin pa and kamatis at itlog sa iyong ref.”

A very “abusive” statement, noh?

By the way, MLQU is located in Quiapo. I knoe, right? Quiapo is so ghetto! Be safe!

17 remark(s):

Anonymous said...

I guess that curse did not come into fruition because it came from something so negative and malicious.

wanderingcommuter said...

haven't greeted you yet... congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also visit this website on regular basis to take updated from latest information.

Feel free to visit my weblog; Nike Air Max

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I
provide credit and sources back to your weblog?
My website is in the exact same area of interest
as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit
from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you.
Appreciate it!

Also visit my web-site - slc-wireless.com

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the excellent work!

Here is my homepage; NFL Jerseys Cheap

Anonymous said...

This is a topic that is near to my heart... Take care!
Exactly where are your contact details though?

My site :: This Site

Anonymous said...

Very quickly this web site will be famous amid all blog people, due to it's good articles

Feel free to surf to my web blog :: helpful resources

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds
also? I'm satisfied to search out numerous useful information right here within the post, we need develop extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Feel free to visit my homepage; Michael Kors Canada

Anonymous said...

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity regarding unexpected feelings.


Here is my website: Louis Vuitton Purses Outlet

Anonymous said...

It's enormous that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made at this place.

Here is my website - Get More Information

Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails
with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
Thank you!

Also visit my homepage ... Gafas Oakley Baratas

Anonymous said...

A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.

I think that you need to write more on this subject matter,
it might not be a taboo subject but generally folks don't discuss such subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!

Also visit my website - Nike Free

Anonymous said...

Magnificent website. Lots of helpful information here. I'm sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks on your sweat!

Feel free to surf to my homepage: Nike Blazers Shoes

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I've
shared your web site in my social networks!

My page :: Air Max

Anonymous said...

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Here is my webpage Borse Gucci

Anonymous said...

Hi, this weekend is nice designed for me, because this occasion i am
reading this enormous educational article here
at my residence.

Feel free to visit my web-site - Sac Louis Vuitton

Anonymous said...

If some one needs expert view about blogging afterward i
suggest him/her to go to see this weblog, Keep up the fastidious work.


Here is my homepage; Tory Burch Outlet

Post a Comment

Comment away!